Sunday, August 16, 2015

Madison Art Society announces Town Hall Artists Jay Babina and Debbie Temple


Madison Art Society painters Jay Babina and Debbie Temple will be exhibiting their work during September and October at the Madison Town Hall, 8 Campus Drive, Madison. The public is invited to stop by and appreciate the beautiful art. The exhibit can be viewed during regular business hours.

Jay Babina

Jay Babina - is a painter with over 40 years experience as well as a practicing graphic designer & Illustrator. He works in watercolor, acrylic and oil as well as various drawing mediums. Currently involved in various art societies throughout CT, he paints both plein air & studio works and approaches art with passion and enthusiasm. 
Bauer Farm Bridge, oil by Jay Babina

Jay received his AFA at Silvermine college of Art and his BFA at the University of Bridgeport

In addition to his painting and graphic work, Jay shares his skills and talents as a painting instructor at Artist View Learning Center in Madison and the Killingworth Art Center.  He is represented by the Spectrum Gallery in Centerbrook, CT


Debbie Temple
Debbie is a pastel painter and an active member and volunteer in many Connecticut art associations.  She belongs to Glastonbury Arts where she has served as co-director for the "Got Art" series and chair of the Members Tent on the Green Show. She is also a member of the Connecticut Pastel Society,
 Squaw Creek Falls, pastel by Debbie Temple
serving as co-chairperson of their Renaissance in Pastel Show and a frequent assistant and member of the Madison Art Society

In her artist's statement Debbie writes:
“I used to spend hours in my room drawing pictures when I was little. I have no idea where the original inclination came from, it just blossomed by itself. Sometimes I felt like what I drew literally came out of my hands without any effort on my part. Looking back now, I am grateful that my mother kept buying me more paper! I am naturally curious, visual and observant, so maybe that’s how this affinity began in the first place. All I know is that I am passionate about creating art and just as passionate and committed to learning and improving...”

Contact info:  Beverly Schirmeier 860-399-6116

No comments: